Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Vision for Hutto

My vision of Hutto is of a community that takes pride in itself, promotes its diverse cultures, its history, its location and its attributes; a community working together to achieve its great potential through education, neighborhood revitalization and economic development.

I see a community where all residents share a common vision, actively participate to guarantee our continued prosperity and promote pride in our city.

I see a community embracing our youth and providing resources which enable them to grow socially, culturally, intellectually, morally and spiritually.

I see a community where existing neighborhoods are rebuilt taking advantage of existing infrastructure.

I see a community where schools are the heart of the neighborhood, a center of activity, the positive force that keeps out blight, stabilizes property values and creates a sense of family.

I see a community bustling with retail and commercial activity.

I see a community where anyone willing to work can do so at a fair wage.

I see a community where our leaders are proactive, futuristic and receptive to change.

2 comments:

kitttykittty said...

I can't believe the growth in Hutto. You are doing a fine job leading key initiatives with the city government, Mayor Love, keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Hutto is a fine place to live and has a fine mayor.
–The English Investor